Monday 4 August 2014

Day Two/Dzień Drugi


Day Two/ Km 0/ New Delhi

The post is as messy as New Delhi.
I woke up in the morning and it was still hot, boiling, steamy- I believe I need to get used to that.
It is messy! My fellow colleagues-urban planner- never designed sidewalks? Or they have been taken by Indian people? I am lost, really lost in this country, everything works differently, the cars goes on the opposite direction, I couldn't buy favourite mango juice- it looked to dirty, they are speaking funny english, they count in hundreds-one hundred already sounds expensive, doesn't it? - distances are massive and , you walk and walk and walk... On the other hand it is everything I was expecting: cultural shock, unknown, strange, hard to understand, funny... I am trying to get a phone number (awaiting the telephone to my hostel to prove I don't know what), train tickets (for this I need a phone number), my card to work... I am afraid to eat on the streets (it looks much more dirty than in Mexico or I am a pussy). It is cheap.

I visited great but not-mindblowing Humayun's Tomb, I pass by the only official Delhi tourist information and they told me that there is not much to see in Delhi, that this three days I planned is way too much. They normally say it is not enough...

I took my first tuk-tuk, and as I was imaging you have to bargain a lot, cut the price at least in half. Tuk-tuks are the small motorbike with seats for three people, they go faster than you expect, can slip in the traffic, they are cheap...

Someone told me to buy Indian clothes to merge with the crowd, of course it is impossible... I am too tall- once again - too white, my hair is too blond, I walk too strange, I have a red backpack, and I use map... Maybe I am less visible here than in Guatemala, but still I am flashing around.
And nodding is different, in Europe we nod for left to right to say no, and up and down to say yes, here the nod left-down, right-down to say yes. It was confusing at the very beginning because  I thought  they are not answering me-just moving their head...


Now I'll try to put everything in any order :)


and follow me on instagram 


http://instagram.com/adi_ponton





Dzień Drugi/Km 0/Delhi


Chciałbym pisać jak Herbert w Podróżach z Barbarzyńcą, trafnie odnajdywać przymiotniki, szukać dziejących się czasowników i mistrzowsko żonglować rzeczownikami... Panu od Cogito nisko chylę czoło, aż spada kapelusz.

Na początku był chaos i w Indiach na chaosie się skończyło. Wszystko jest nie tak jak powinno, nie ma chodników, samochody, riksze, autobusy wybrały brytyjski kierunek poruszania się po drodze, jakoś inaczej kiwa się głową na tak i na nie, podobno mówi się tutaj po angielsku, ale nawet Vicky Pollard (z Little Britain) mówi wyraźniej, biurokracja osiągnęła tu chyba najwyższy stopień rozwoju, dzięki czemu moje członkostwo w Polsko-Indyjskiej Fundacji na rzecz Architektury i Archeologii przyniosło już pierwsze plony.  

Próbuję otrzymać numer telefonu (ale to procedura przynajmniej dwu dniowa), kupić bilet na pociąg (tu potrzebuję numeru telefonu), odczarować niedziałającą kartę, znieść skwar i ukrop lejący się z nieba, ogarnąć metro, tuk-tuki, dziwny nieangielski i pikantne jedzenie, chyba na jakiś czas zostanę wegetarianinem.

Opowiem jeszcze o tuk-tukach, bo to kuriozum, które zasłużyło sobie już dawno na uwagę. Trójkołowa konstrukcja oparta na motorze zaskakuje sprawnością, szybkością i ceną, kierowcy, najczęściej bosi, nonszelancko prowadzą swoje maszyny używając prawej ręki, trzymając jedną nogę zaraz obok kierownicy. Motomaszyny są żółtozielone i mogą pomieścić przynajmniej trzech otyłych pasażerów lub jednego białasa z wielkim plecakiem. Kierowcy zapraszają nas do aktywnego udziału w negocjacjach cenowych, nietargowanie jest nie tyle głupotą co obrazą dla motorniczego. Taki tuk-tuk wciśnie się przez najmniejsze ucho igielne, wymija jak Kubica a zakręty zbiera jak Hołowczyc w Dakarze.

Mam nadzieję, że niebawem podam instrukcje jak i co jeść, pociągowe- bo to zanosi się na długi i trudny temat potem o wszystkim innym czego nie rozumiem, a zrozumiałem, bo jak pisała Maria Janion- jak czegoś nierozumiem, piszę książkę, a potem jest już wszystko jasne. 

Zapraszam do czytania jutro, idę do Czerwonego Fortu i kilku muzeów.


Nie napisałem, że dziś byłem w Zespole Grobowców Humayun i w świątyni naprzeciwko. Chyba zrobiło to na mnie mniejsze wrażenie niż samo miasto i wszystko dookoła.


szukajcie mnie na instagramie : http://instagram.com/adi_ponton






No comments: