Tuesday 3 May 2011

My London

My romance with London is officially over. I left the city in the sunny morning. I have never been that busy in my life - working, making friends, exploring the city, leaving and coming back, cycling, running, partying. I reckon there is no time to stand and stare there, time passes three times faster there.

It is difficult to summarise almost one and a half years. I will not even try.

London /ˈlʌndən/ is a city by the Thames river, where weather sometimes sucks, full of foreigners ( sometimes you have a feeling that there are no British there and you are the only white guy around) with vibrant night scene. This is the place where urban fashion and trends (cloths, bikes, activities) begins, where the biggest marathon takes place, so you can see thousands ppl preparing running around the city all day and night long-running to the office and redressing, running along the river, in the park, along the Regent's Canal. Home to the top class museums, including my favourite tandem Tate Modern ( for exhibitions and for Herzog and Meuron design) and Tate Britain (for Late at Tate every first Friday of the month). City built by several smaller towns with my favourites Greenwich ( with King's Edward Collage where on Sunday afternoon you can listen classical music students rehearsing and just relax lying on the grass) and Shoreditch (where you eat bagels at three in the morning getting back from an outstanding secret loft party).

Sometimes accused of being temporary place and kindergarten-city, where bars are closed at 11 PM and you can't find restaurant's kitchen open after 9PM, and the last screening in the cinema starts at 8 PM.

City of parks and squares with my favourites Greenwich and Hampstead Heath where you can admire the skyline of the city, with planes and helicopters all the time in the skies. Place where every piece of land has it own, very often ridiculous, name: Gherkin Alley, Gough Close, George Walk.

Home town to Banksy(:P), Samuel Peppys and The Queen.

It used to be my home.

For tourist and non-Londoners it is a dream city.


skyline from Greenwhich Park

skyline from Greenwhich Park


Canary Wharf




City skyline











around Queen Elizabeth Hall




2 comments:

Sara said...

Banksy is from Bristol ;-)

Adrian Krezlik said...

I should delete his name, at the very beginning I had Bangsy and now he is not even from London:P