Wednesday 27 April 2011

PARIS


Everyone had been to Paris, but me.

I am not sure if there is a need to write about IT. For me it was a big disappointment.

You know this feeling when you go to the cinema and after seeing a movie you realize that everything was already in the trailer (Benjamin Button type). Nihil novil. In my case the same happened with Paris. I know how Eiffel Tower looks like ( though I thought it will be a bit taller) or Louvre and La Villette, Garniers Opera. I know the history, the Hausmann crap, who built what and when ... and I had to drew and knew everything at Uni...

All I wrote down in my notebook where negative (!) feelings , but the Jardin du Luxembourg and Brut.

Jardin du Luxemburg is a fairytale in the middle of the congested and vibrant city, an oasis of peace. The beautifully regular and geometrical french garden from 17th century with cute the pond for toy boats. Frederic Sofia Luxembourg Chairs are really comfy and look modern, so I couldn't believe that they were designed in 1923! (I was wondering how many Parisians have this chair in their gardens:)

Brut is just a sparking wine that contains no more than 1.5% sugar.

And one more thing... People ( and i.e Justice , the band) where talking about the problem with the immigrants in France especially in exurbias of Paris, Frankly I thought French people like whining... I was shocked. London is as inhomogeneous as Paris, but I don't fear walking through Whitechapel or deep South London. Anyone can explain my the difference? Stereotyping I would say that Indians or Pakistani have different background - culture, religion and attitude, they are not dangerous and Algerian or Moroccan ( Arabic?) are. But I think that's a proper bullshit and unfair prejudice.

(BTW I should thank one Asian - originally from Cambodia (?)- looking French guys so I didn't finish swimming in Seine )

Definitely I am getting back there, giving the city of love ( or whatever) a second and a third chance- I can't believe that entire world loves it but me.


the red one is a folly in La Villete// Bernard Tschumi











Guys playing cycle polo next to Les Invalides.



















THE TOWER

No comments: